The Application Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components. Supports and/or installs software applications and components. Works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. Reports to Applications Manager.
- Design, code and test new Windows and web software applications
Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Consult closely with management related to projects and tasks
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- Improve existing programming techniques and applications and contribute to development of new techniques and applications.
- Client Centric: Demonstrated ability and experience to be client centric. Takes responsibility to meet expressed needs. Demonstrates service by going beyond what is expected. Possesses understanding of others’ situation or business. Focuses on creating the right solutions to address specific needs.
- Responsive and Right: Ability to hold oneself and others accountable to clear standards of service excellence in an increasingly dynamic environment. When necessary, effectively and appropriately confront performance issues, resource constraints and other obstacles to meet objectives.
- Teamwork: Ability to partner across departmental lines and work cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve client needs and exceed expectations of the clients. Actively supports key decisions and promotes a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment of the firm.
- Successful candidates will likely have about 3 years of experience in a professional capacity and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Proficiency in database connective technologies including either MS-SQL Server or Oracle Database Systems
- Demonstrates service by going beyond what is expected.
- Possesses understanding of others’ situation or business.
- Focuses on creating the right solutions to address specific needs.
- Political savvy to be able to successfully navigate client organizations
FLSA Status: Exempt