IT Infrastructure Administrator
In this role, the IT Infrastructure Administrator will join the IT Infrastructure team and will be responsible for building and maintaining the VMware Virtual Infrastructure, maintaining and improving Linux servers, helping maintain the Datacenters, working with the Infrastructure Team to implement new projects and architecture upgrades to help enhance the IT environment (including automation via scripts), and provide basic networking, switching, and routing support. All of these should be supported with a high level of automation to increase efficiencies and consistency. This individual is expected to operate at a senior level, which includes being able to clearly present and communicate challenges, opportunities, and projects for their area of responsibility.
- Build and maintain the VMware Virtual Infrastructure environment
- Manage and improve Linux Servers and applications
- Automate tasks through scripting technologies
- Maintain datacenters and related devices
- Perform server and hardware maintenance
- Execute Standard Operational Procedures for networking devices
- Ensure proper uniformity, documentation, and configuration control of servers and application stacks.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and requirements:
- Competent with a proven history working with VMWare 6.x and vSAN.
- Competent with a proven history working with Linux as a Systems Administrator (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- Competent with a proven history managing data centers and related devices (HVAC, PDUs, UPS, etc.).
- Able to write custom and complex scripts, as well as maintain existing scripts with source control (PowerShell, Python, or bash preferred)
- Competent with managing and maintaining physical servers.
- Experience working with reverse proxies (nginx preferred)
- Experience working with network hardware (switches and routers).
- Experience working with firewalls and VPNs.
- Experience with backup solutions and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience with storage server solutions.
- Full technology stack understanding for troubleshooting (network, storage, etc.).
- Able to document work performed for cross pollination and repeatability.
- Able to present and plan projects, problems, and challenges for the area of responsibility.
- Bachelor degree in IS or equivalent.
- Motivated and energetic team player.
- Able to work independently and own tasks to completion.
- US Citizenship required.
The following skills are a nice to have and would make a candidate who fulfilled the above stand out even more::
- Active TS/SCI Security clearance
- Competent in managing Windows Servers (2012 R2 and newer)
We offer competitive compensation, incentive, and benefits package including 401(k), profit sharing, and health/dental/vision, along with an award-winning work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.